The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
FY17 Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Board Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the location noted.
- January 11 – Village Branch
- February 8 – Central Library
- March 8 – Northside Branch
- April 12 – Central Library
- May 10 – Central Library
- June 14 – Central Library
Board Committee Meetings are held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library, unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Personnel: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting at 3:30PM.
- Board Development: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30PM before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.
The Library also has an Advisory Board of up to 10 members. Members of the Advisory Board attend Board of Trustee meetings, participate in discussions at those meetings, and serve on standing and ad hoc Board committees.