The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
FY17 Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Board Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the location noted.
- January 11 – Village Branch
- February 8 – Central Library
- March 8 – Northside Branch
- April 12 – Central Library
- May 10 – Central Library
- June 14 – Central Library
Board Committee Meetings are held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library, unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Personnel: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting at 3:30PM.
- Board Development: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30PM before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.