Code of Conduct
In order to ensure safety, comfort, and access to Library resources and facilities for all, this Code of Conduct has been adopted. The following are examples of unacceptable behavior:
- Smoking, use of tobacco, or consumption of illegal substances.
- Loud talking, inappropriate cell phone use, disruptive, abusive, or threatening language or behavior.
- Use of Library computers which violates the Library Computer and Internet policies and procedures.
- Sleeping, bathing or washing clothing.
- Eating or drinking in restricted areas or drinking from containers with no lids.
- Offensive body odor due to neglected hygiene or other strong scents that may be offensive or disruptive for others.
- Use of Library facilities or equipment for other than library purposes, including solicitation and/or distribution of materials, without prior written authorization.
- Running or use of bicycles, skates, skateboards or rollerblades on Library premises.
- Use of the Library by customers not fully clothed, including shirts and shoes.
- Rearrangement of Library equipment or furniture.
- Bringing pets, other than certified service animals, into the building.
Anyone unable to care for, or be responsible for, him or herself must be supervised by a responsible caregiver.
Persons who violate this code of conduct will be asked to leave the Library. Those refusing to leave will be subject to arrest under trespass laws of the Kentucky Revised Statutes, Chapter 381, Section 231 and Chapter 511, Sections 060, 070, or 080.
- 1 of 10
- next ›