Interested in Serving on the Library Board of Trustees?
The Lexington Public Library Board consists of 7 Trustees. The Advisory Board consists of 10 members. All members are appointed by the Mayor. If you are interested in serving on either of these Boards, here’s how you can submit your name for consideration:
- Print and fill out the application form
- Print and fill out the authorization for record check form
- Include a copy of your resume and one paragraph as to why you are interested in serving on the board of the Lexington Public Library.
- Verify that you are an active library card holder.
- Mail this information to:
Lexington Public Library Board of Trustees
Attn: Vice Chair
140 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
These applications will be reviewed by the Library’s Board Management Committee and sent to the Mayor’s office. The Board will make recommendations to the Mayor, however the appointment decision is made by the Mayor and approved by the LFUCG Council.
Advisory Board vacancies occur in January of each year. Trustee vacancies occur in July of each year. Please have your application in to the Library at least 3 months prior to the vacancy you are interested in filling.
We appreciate your interest in serving your community and the Lexington Public Library.
If you have additional questions, please contact AnnaMarie Cornett at 859-231-5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.