- Events & Classes
- About the Library
- Contact Us
- Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
- Board of Trustees
- Library Cable Channel
- Meeting Rooms
- Friends of The Library
- Library Foundation
- Donate to the Library
- Requests For Proposals
- Community Partnerships
- Hours Of Operation
- Central Library
- Beaumont Branch
- Eagle Creek Branch
- Northside Branch
- Tates Creek Branch
- Village Branch
- Using the Library
Multicultural Liaison/Enlace Multicultural
The Multicultural Liaison connects non-native English speakers with the services of the public library by providing direct programming and developing projects and partnerships with community groups to further the mission of the Library’s Outreach Services.
La Enlace Multicultural conecta a personas no angloparlantes con los servicios de la biblioteca pública, al proveer programas y desarrollar proyectos y asociaciones con agrupaciones en la sociedad, con el fin de expandir la misión del Departamento de Servicios a la Comunidad.
Spanish for Beginners/Español para Principiantes
A free 8 week course for beginners that starts with the alphabet and works up to short, basic conversations.
Un curso gratuito para principiantes que dura 8 semanas. Empieza con el alfabeto y se prepara para cortas conversaciones básicas.
- The next course will be offered in January of 2014. Check the calendar in mid-November to register yourself through our new Evanced reservation system. You may also contact instructor Lindsay Mattingly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-5514 to reserve your spot in the class.
- English Conversation Group
- An intermediate to advanced level English class that focuses on developing fluency through small group activities and discussion.
- Un grupo de conversación en inglés que se enfoca en desarrollar la fluidez por actividades y pláticas en grupos pequeños.
- For adults - Para adultos.
- Tuesdays @ Central Library from 12:30-2pm
Thursdays [Jan 12- Feb 29] @ Eagle Creek Branch from 12:30-2pm
Practicing a foreign language together at home makes learning much more fun. Join us for a 4 week beginner's level class to learn basic conversational phrases. For families with children ages 5-12yrs.
Wednesdays, October 2nd - 23rd, @ Central Library from 5:30-6:30pm
Register today at http://www.lexpublib.org/event/family-spanish-class/2013-10-02 or by contacting instructor Lindsay Mattingly at email@example.com or 231-5514 to reserve your spot.
Small World Storytimes
A set of six multicultural storytimes that will let children and their families explore a different culture each month through a story and craft activity. Reservations are required. The first storytime highlights Japan. Starting September 2nd, you can register here: http://www.lexpublib.org/event/small-world-storytime-series-japan/2013-1... or by contacting instructor Lindsay Mattingly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-5514 to reserve your spot.