Lexington Public Library at your fingertips!
Free App Download 
The Catalog, My Account, and many other favorite features of the library website are now available for your web-enabled phone. Search the library catalog for a title, place holds, renew items you have checked out, and view most of your account information. You can “Ask a Librarian” via email or telephone during normal library hours. Check the calendar for upcoming events, classes, story times, or other programs. Find your nearest library location and view library hours. Checkout our book lists and discover new titles. Read our latest social media posts from Facebook or Twitter and update your own reading lists on Goodreads.
- Live Homework Help™
- Overdrive eBooks
- Gutenberg eBooks
- Book Look (Check an ISBN to see if we have the book and place a hold)
- BookCheck (Check out an item using your smart phone)
The mobile catalog offers a great new way to find items – just type the first couple of letters for each word to get results. Type “row gob” for J.K. Rowlings’ “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” For “Gossip Girl” titles, type ”gos gi”. To find a specific “Gossip Girl” title like “Because I’m Worth It,” you only have to type “gos gi be.”
Download lexpublib2go for free  on your mobile device today!
The lexpublib2go app is also freely available for most smart phone or tablet devices through their application store.
Can I use the Library from my smart phone or other Web-enabled mobile device?
Yes. The Library has a free mobile application (app). Access your Library account, find the nearest branch, search the catalog and browse for books, CDs and DVDs from wherever you are.
Will it work on my phone?
The app works on all major smart phones, including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm, Symbian and J2ME.
How do I get the app?
To download the app for:
- Most devices - Visit lex.boopsie.com  on your mobile device or scan the QR code on the right
- Windows Mobile - Visit lex.boopsie.com/webapp 
You can also find it in the iTunes App Store or Android Market by searching for "Lexington Public Library"
The app is free from any source.
What does it do?
- Smart prefix search - Enter the first few letters of a word or phrase to search the catalog. For example, entering "ha pot g" into the search box finds "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". Search by title or or author or both.
- Search the Library's Calendar - For upcoming events and classes.
- Library locator - All Library locations include links to an interactive map.
- Ask a Librarian - by email or phone (Text Message and Instant Messaging coming soon.)
- Check your account - Reserve and renew books, CDs and DVDs.
- Download Library podcasts - Featuring your favorite authors.
- Stay connected - With links to the Library's Facebook page, Twitter, Goodreads accounts.
Need help using the app?
Call us at 859-231-5500.
Can't install or run the app?
Get technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org .