Mail In Requests
Mail reference requests may also be made in writing and may be directed to:
Kentucky Room Librarian
Lexington Public Library
140 East Main Street
Lexington, Kentucky 40507
Examples of appropriate requests:
- Please search for an obituary for my uncle Robert Mitchell who died on April 17, 1945.
- Please search for a cemetery record for my great-grandmother Eliza Mitchell who is buried in Fayette County (date of death is helpful).
- Please check the 1925 city directory for people by the name of Rodes.
- Please check Perrin’s History of Fayette County for biographical information on James Wright.
- Please search for the death certificate for Benjamin Whitaker who died in Kentucky on October 1, 1926.
Examples of research requests we cannot handle:
- Please send me everything you have on the Jackson family in Kentucky.
- Please copy all the obituaries in your newspaper for the names Allen, Bowman, and Reed.
- Please copy all Kentucky census records for the Davis families.
- Please send me lists of Kentucky death certificates.