The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
FY18 Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Board Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the location noted.
- July 12 – Central Library
- August 9 – Central Library
- September 13 – Eastside Branch
- October 11 – Central Library
- November 8 – Tates Creek Branch
- December 13 – Central Library
- January 10 – Beaumont Branch
- February 14 – Central Library
- March 14 – Village Branch
- April 11 – Central Library
- April 16th - Special Board Meeting - Central Library Farish Theater
- May 9 – Northside Branch
- June 13 – Central Library
Board Committee Meetings are held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library, unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Personnel: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting at 3:30PM.
- Board Development: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30PM before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.