The Lexington Public Library Books to Read in Kindergarten is a diverse list of titles including award-winning books, notable children’s authors, and promising new works chosen by experienced Children’s Librarians at the Lexington Public Library.
Downloads for Print:
- Love Books (Print Motivation): Being interested in and enjoying books.
- Use Books (Print Awareness): Noticing print, knowing how to handle a book and how to follow the words on a page.
- See Letters (Letter Knowledge): Knowing that letters look different from each other and have different names and sounds.
- Tell a Story (Narrative Skills): The ability to describe things and events and tell stories.
- Make Sounds (Phonological Awareness): Being able to hear and play with the smaller sounds in words.
- New Words (Vocabulary): Knowing the names of things.