- Events & Classes
- About the Library
- Contact Us
- Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
- Board of Trustees
- Library Cable Channel
- Meeting Rooms
- Friends of The Library
- Library Foundation
- Donate to the Library
- Requests For Proposals
- Community Partnerships
- Hours Of Operation
- Central Library
- Beaumont Branch
- Eagle Creek Branch
- Northside Branch
- Tates Creek Branch
- Village Branch
- Using the Library
Feast and Fellowship: Kentucky Food Traditions
UK Libraries and Lexington Public Library are collaborating on a community event to gather and preserve written, photographic, and oral materials and memories about Kentucky foodways, celebrations, and traditions.
- The event will be held Saturday, November 2, from 10 am to 5 pm at the Lexington Public Library's Central Library.
- Community members are encouraged to bring in personal theme-related items to be scanned for onsite digitization by staff of UK Libraries Digital Library Services. Suggested items include favorite recipes, letters and photographs (including transparencies and slides). Materials to be scanned must be removed from frames and can be no larger than 8.5” x 11” in size. Depending on interest, the number of items may be limited to a dozen per person. Digitization permission forms are available here. Feel free to fill out and bring in a signed copy. We'll also have blank forms onsite.
- The public is also invited to share memories and stories about activities and celebrations involving special dishes, tales of favorite restaurants, gardening traditions and other food-related subjects with oral historians from the Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History. Depending on interest, interview times may be limited.
- Throughout the day, a series of presenters will talk about different aspects of food, oral history recording, and preservation of print and photographic materials.
- The University Press of Kentucky will be on site to showcase food-related titles and feature book signings.
- Hours will vary for some activities. Click here for a complete schedule of events.
The Hub Coffee Shop & Cafe will be open on the first floor of the Central Library during this event with full breakfast, lunch, and coffee service.
Preorder your lunch in the morning for convenient pickup!