- Events & Classes
- About the Library
- Contact Us
- Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
- Board of Trustees
- Library Cable Channel
- Meeting Rooms
- Friends of The Library
- Library Foundation
- Donate to the Library
- Requests For Proposals
- Community Partnerships
- Hours Of Operation
- Central Library
- Beaumont Branch
- Eagle Creek Branch
- Northside Branch
- Tates Creek Branch
- Village Branch
- Using the Library
The Branch Without Walls
Outreach Services provides library services to persons throughout Fayette County who need extra help using library services and facilities. Our target audiences include:
- Homebound adults and those in nursing or retirement centers
- Children and young people in day care centers, Head Start programs, and special at-risk programs
- Adult literacy and English as a Second Language (ESL) learners.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Outreach Programs at the Lexington Public Library.
Community Education Program
The Community Education Program of the Lexington Public Library’s Outreach Services takes library materials and programming out into the community through the Community Education Coordinator. Programs are oriented toward seniors and kids, concentrating in four areas:
- Book Bags - Book discussion programs featuring Large Print and Audio books
- Book Talks - Themed presentations about current books of interest
- Music Discussion Groups - A lively discussion program for adults featuring great works of music and information about the composers
The Community Education Program serves those in the community who are not able readily to access library materials and services on-site. Programs take place in community centers and senior residential facilities including nursing homes, assisted living facilities and retirement communities.
To find out more about Community Education programs or to volunteer, call DeAnna Rigney at (859) 231-5594 or email.
The Multicultural Liaison connects non-native English speakers with the services of the public library by providing direct programming and developing projects and partnerships with community groups to further the mission of the Library’s Outreach Services.
To contact our Multicultural Liaison please call Lindsay Mattingly at (859) 231-5514 or email.
If you have questions or comments about Library Outreach Services please send us a message here.