***OverDrive Media Console is now available for NOOK HD/HD+, NOOK Color, and NOOK Tablet via the NOOK Apps Store. Older NOOK models can continue to be used with Adobe Digital Editions by following these instructions.***
Getting Started with NOOK
- EPUB format eBooks
- PDF format eBooks
What do you need?
- Adobe Digital Editions  (free software available from Adobe)
- An Adobe ID  (publishing industry ID standard that opens access to free library eBooks)
- Step-by-step instructions from OverDrive 
How to return eBooks before their expiration date
eBooks returned early via the Adobe Digital Editions will disappear from My Account within 5 minutes of their early return
- Launch Adobe Digital Editions on your computer
- Select the title you wish to return early
- Click on the arrow that appears to the left of the title
- Select 'Return Borrowed Item'
LPL eBooks won't open for first time users of first generation (2010) NOOK
- The sign? eBooks transfer to your NOOK but display in My Documents as a file name (ie The_Stand.epub)
Solution? Delete the ‘.adobe-digital-editions’ file pre-installed on your NOOK.
- Step 1: Go to ‘My Computer’ and click on the NOOK drive
- Step 2: Find and delete the ‘.adobe-digital-editions’ file
- Step 3: Close Adobe Digital Editions
- Step 4: Restart Adobe Digital Editions
- Step 5: Try again - your NOOK should now be visible and able to receive and open LPL eBooks
- Note for Mac Users: You may need to plug your NOOK into a PC to delete the file.