Friends Book Sale!
October 11th – 19th
Located at the new library location
3000 Blake James Dr,
Lexington, KY 40509
Corner of Man-O-War Blvd and Palumbo Drive
- Friends Day: Saturday, October 11, 10 AM-6 PM - Members only - Memberships available at the door, no strollers, please
- Sunday, October 12, Noon-5 PM
- Monday, October 13 to Friday, October 17, 10 AM-7PM
- 2 for 1 Day: Saturday, October 18, 10 AM-6 PM
- Bag Day: Sunday, October 19, Noon-5 PM (bags provided - no strollers, please)
If you would like to volunteer for the sale, please call 231-5505 or email: email@example.com
For more information, please call 231-5505 or go to www.friendsbookcellar.org/friends/
Cash, check, and Visa or MasterCard are all accepted at the book sales.
Hardbacks are priced $1.00. Paperbacks are $.25. Children's books are specially priced, as are other items: albums, CD's, videos, magazines, and… well it's a very long list. Typically, we have more than 100,000 items available.
Each sale runs for nine days. The first day is only for members of Friends of the Lexington Public Library. For membership information, see our membership application. During these sales, the Friends’ 10% discount applies only to items purchased in the Friends Book Cellar.
The other days of each sale are open to anyone. The last two days are special: Saturday is 2-for-1 Day, and Sunday is Bag Day. Each paper grocery bag full is just $2. (We provide the bags.)
The Friends Book Cellar is open throughout each sale with our regular great prices.
Gift certificates for the Friends Book Cellar are now available.
There are NO limits on the number of books you may buy at our sales!
When you visit the Book Sale, here are a few things to remember. So many people and so many books can cause problems with Fire Code violations and accidents.
To keep our sale safe and fair to everyone, please:
- Leave food, drink, pets. roller blades, bicycles, skateboards and shopping carts outside.
- Supervise your children.
- Don't remove quantities of books to examine and later decide which ones you want to purchase. This is not fair to other shoppers.
- Don't sit on the floor because someone may fall over you. Keep the aisles open without stacking books or boxes.
- Use only small 2-wheeled carts. Strollers with children are not permitted on Wednesdays and Sundays so we can keep the aisles open.
We have made these rules in respect for everyone's safety.
Thank you and happy shopping!