The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Board Meetings are held second Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the location noted below.
- July 10 - Central Library
- August 14 - Eastside Branch
- September 11 - Central Library
- October 9 - Tates Creek Branch
- November 13 - Central Library
- December 11 - Central Library
- January 8 - Central Library
- February 12 - Beaumont Branch
- March 11 - Central Library
- April 8 - Northside Branch
- May 16 - Central Library
- June 10 - Village Branch
Board Committee Meetings; held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Board Development and Personnel: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30 before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.