The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Board Meetings are held second Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the location noted below.
- July 8 - YouTube
- August 12 - YouTube
- September 9 - YouTube
- September 16 (Emergency Special Called Meeting) - YouTube
- October 14 (Special Board Meeting) - Village Branch
- November 11 - Northside Branch
- December 9 - Northside Branch
- January 13 - Northside Branch
- February 10 - Northside Branch
- March 10 - Northside Branch
- April 14 - Northside Branch
- May 12 - Northside Branch
- June 9 - Northside Branch
Board Committee Meetings; held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Board Development: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30 before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.
The Library also has an Advisory Board of up to 10 members. Members of the Advisory Board attend Board of Trustee meetings, participate in discussions at those meetings, and serve on standing and ad hoc Board committees.