The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Board Meetings are held second Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the location noted below.
- July 11 – Central Library
- August 8 – Central Library
- August 24 - Special Meeting - Central Library
- September 12 – Eastside Branch
- October 10 – Central Library
- November 14 – Tates Creek Branch
- December 12 – Central Library
- January 9 – Beaumont Branch
- January 18 - Board Development Committee Meeting
- January 23 - Special Meeting - Central Library
- February 13 – Central Library
- March 13 – Village Branch
- April 10 – Central Library
- May 8 – Northside Branch
- June 12 – Central Library
Board Committee Meetings; held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Board Development and Personnel: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30 before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.