The Lexington Public Library is an exceptional organization with an exceptional staff. LPL looks for the best qualities when considering individuals to be a part of our team. We pride ourselves in creating a great atmosphere in which to work, grow and be a community partner. Lexington Public Library offers full-time and part-time opportunities with competitive benefits. Come be a part of the LPL team.
Federal and State Posting Compliance
The following links will take you to the federal and state posting requirements for all applicants viewing. Please take a moment to review these posters.
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity
- KY Child Labor Laws
- KY Wage and Hour Laws
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
If you don't have Adobe Reader, which is required to view these postings, you can download it here.
Anyone that does not have internet access from their home can visit any Lexington Public Library location and utilize the public computers.
- Central Library, 140 East Main Street, Lexington, KY 40507, First Floor and Fourth Floor
- Beaumont Branch, 3080 Fieldstone Way, Lexington, KY 40513
- Eastside Branch, 3000 Blake James Drive, Lexington, KY 40509
- Northside Branch, 1733 Russell Cave Road, Lexington, KY 40505
- Tates Creek Branch, 3628 Walden Drive, Lexington, KY 40517
- Village Branch, 2185 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY 40504
Please click on the job title for more information and to apply.
After submitting your application (and resume/cover letter as applicable) the system immediately replies with a notice acknowledging receipt of your application. Please verify receipt on this page.
KRS RETIREES NOTICE: Lexington Public Library (LPL) participates in the Kentucky Retirement System (KRS)/County Employees Retirement System (CERS). If you participated in KRS/CERS or any subsidiaries and are a retiree under a KRS plan, please contact KRS to inquire as to any effect reemployment with a KRS participating agency i.e. LPL will have on your retirement benefits. Retirees may not enter into a prearranged agreement to return to employment in any position with any agency participating in CERS, KERS, and SPRS. Prior to reemployment, the participating agency (LPL) and retiree must certify on the Form 6751, under penalty of perjury, that no prearranged agreement exists.
Should you require further assistance, please call 859.231.5550