Lexington Public Library and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Eastside and Northside branches are open for limited service on Monday-Saturday, 11am-6pm. All other Lexington Public Library locations are closed to the public.
Beaumont and Tates Creek branches are offering curbside service only from October 13-31 to accomodate early voting. All Library locations will be closed on November 2-3 for voting purposes.
The Central Library's Kentucky Room is open by appointment. Please click here for scheduling information.
We are accepting returns at all locations via the designated return slots. Items may remain on your account for up to 7 days, but no fines or fees will be charged.
Curbside pickup for holds is available at all locations on Monday-Saturday, 11am-6pm.
You can place up to 20 items on hold using our online catalog. You can place a few items on hold by calling (859) 231-5500 on Monday - Saturday, 11am-6pm.
We'll pull up to 10 items for curbside pickup that match your interests if you complete our "Bag of Books" form.
You can check the status of your holds at any time by logging into your account.
You will receive automated notices via email, phone, and/or text as new holds arrive for pickup.
Please follow signage when you enter the parking lot.
Please visit these sites for the latest information on COVID-19:
US Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
The CDC works to protect America from health, safety and security threats, including fighting diseases and supporting communities and citizens to do the same.
World Health Organization (WHO)
The WHO works worldwide to promote health and safety by identifying and responding to health emergencies, especially in vulnerable communities.
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government
This page from the Mayor's Office relays information from organizations across our community.
Kentucky Department for Public Health
The Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) is responsible for developing and operating state public health programs and activities for the citizens of Kentucky.
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department
The LFCHD provides programs, classes, information, and support for the health of Lexington-Fayette County.
Here are other resources that may be helpful during this time:
Business & Career Resources
- Kentucky Career Center: Provides “how to” on filing for unemployment benefits and career/job search guidance.
- Kentucky Small Business Development Center, Bluegrass Chapter: Provides information and resources to help small business. Includes COVID-19 Small Business Guide.
- Small Business Association: Provides guidance and loan resources for U.S. small businesses.
- Greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce: Chamber provides COVID-19 resources for businesses and individuals.
- Kentucky Chamber of Commerce: Advocates for economic growth and business expansion in the Commonwealth. Provides link for PPE (Masks, hand sanitizer) orders for employers.
- Better Business Bureau of Central and Eastern Kentucky: BBB connects people with businesses they can trust.
- SCORE: SCORE helps entrepreneurs start a small business.
- Kentucky One Stop Business Portal: Guidance with planning, starting, operating, and expanding a business.
- Kentucky Retirement Systems: Retirement information for members of KRS.
- Teachers Retirement Systems, Kentucky: Retirement information for participating teachers.
- Women’s Business Center of Kentucky: Helps female-owned businesses start and grow.
- CareerBuilder: Job search website.
- Monster.com: Job search and resume help website.
- Credit Bureaus:
- Kentucky COVID-19: Official Team Kentucky source for information concerning COVID-19.
- Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government: Place to find city services and information in Lexington.
- Kentucky Government: State government website for state agencies, services, and officials.
- United States Government: Official U.S Government website. Includes government officials, agencies and services and link to federal response to COVID-19.
- Lexington Response to COVID-19: Provides information for city of Lexington’s COVID-19 response.
- United States Census: Census information including guidance with census questionnaire.
- United States Senate: Official website for the U.S Senate, including bill information and member links.
- United States House of Representatives: Official website for the U.S House, including member links and information on legislation.
- Kentucky Legislature: Official website for Kentucky General Assembly. Includes member links and bill information.
- Kentucky Revenue Cabinet: Includes COVID-19 tax information and KY tax forms.
- Internal Revenue Service: Official IRS website and includes federal tax forms.
- Social Security Administration: Official website for social security information and links to local service centers.
- Kentucky Attorney General’s Office: Price gouging and consumer scams reporting.
- Fayette County Board of Elections: Information on voter registration and upcoming elections.
Social Services Resources
- United Way of the Bluegrass: United Way fights for the basic needs, education, and financial stability in Central Kentucky.
- Community Action Council: Provides services to help people become more self-sufficient and prevent poverty.
- Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services: Provides guidance and help with family assistance, child support, child care, wellness, and much more.
- Hope Center: Center provides food, clothing, medical, and shelter for the homeless.
- New Life Day Center: Daytime homeless shelter and connecting point.
- Lexington Senior Center: Center activities are open to all Fayette County residents age 60 and over.
- Lexington Housing Authority: Provides affordable housing in Lexington.
- God’s Pantry Food Bank: Food assistance for those in need.
- Nourish Lexington: Food bank that prepares and delivers meals to those in need.
- Blue Grass Community Foundation: Foundation helps organize charitable giving.
- Lexington Rescue Mission: Organization works to rebuild lives that have been broken by poverty.
- Catholic Action Center: Provides support to Lexington’s needy.
- Lexington Kentucky Food Pantries: Provides list of Central Kentucky food pantries.
- Salvation Army: Guide to services in the area.
- Lexington Habitat for Humanity: Builds affordable housing to improve living conditions for people.