Virtual Book a Librarian
Meet remotely via phone or online session with a librarian for one-on-one consultation. Please submit the Virtual Book a Librarian Appointment Request Form or call (859) 231-5500 during business hours to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Thursday, 11:00am-5:30pm and typically last 30 to 45 minutes. (We also have limited availability on Fridays if needed.) We will contact you for your appointment as quickly as possible.
Please note: We will do our best to honor your Book a Librarian request. However, due to staff expertise and availability, your request may be declined. We appreciate your understanding.
We can help with many kinds of research. Typical requests include:
- Research a topic.
- Research genealogy and local history using online resources.
- Learn to download ebooks to your digital device.
- Having trouble with a library app on your device? We can help!
- Get more from the Library's catalog or databases.
- Finding a good read, for you, your children, or your bookgroup.
- Job assistance: We offer help with job searching, resume and cover letter writing, and filling out job applications.
- Thematic Units Reader’s Advisory: We can help teachers/child care workers/homeschoolers and parents locate books based on a theme and age range.
Some things we are unable to help with:
- We do not provide medical, legal or business advice or opinions.
- We cannot type or proofread your documents.
- We do not offer technical support or troubleshooting except when it relates to library resources. We can help you find local resources to solve your technology problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to all individuals, organizations and businesses.
How do I attend my appointment?
Your Book a Librarian contact will share details with you in advance, including the phone number or online tools that will be used to conduct your appointment.
Who will be helping me?
Your information needs will determine who is best suited to assist you.
How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
What do I do if my appointment is declined?
If your appointment is declined, we will do our best to include other local resources that would be of help to you for your request.
I need to cancel my appointment.
Please call (859) 231-5500 or email your Book a Librarian contact as soon as you can to cancel an appointment. We are happy to reschedule your appointment for a more convenient time.