Friends Of The Library - Jobs
Front Desk/Sorting Room Staff
Position is 18-20 hours per week (3-4 days a week)
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers, maintaining a positive, pleasant demeanor and providing friendly, courteous services.
- Good knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, Book Cellar procedures and practices.
- Good knowledge of volunteer recruiting, training and supervision, or ability to quickly acquire said knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of sales management, cash accounting, and library/book collection maintenance procedures.
- Basic knowledge of books, authors, periodicals, and other related materials and publications in order to assist customers in selection of reading materials.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation, and operate all equipment necessary to perform the job efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and library patrons.
- Ability to carry out, with limited supervision, continuing assignments relating to the daily operations of the Book Cellar.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekends.
- Ability to lift heavy (40-50 lbs.) bins consistently each work day when needed.
Minimum experience, education and training:
High School degree or GED. One to two years of sales/customer service experience or the equivalent combination of experience and training or some experience in volunteer library work is highly desirable.
Clerk/Cashier must successfully pass a background investigation including a credit check.
Application forms available at store or email:
Job applications due: March 10, 2020