The Lexington Public Library is governed by awhich is charged with oversight of Library policies and finances. The Board consists of seven members, appointed by the Mayor of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and approved by the Urban County Council. Board members serve a four-year term and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
- The August Board Meeting will be broadcast via YouTube on August 12 @ 4:30pm.
- The August Budget and Finance Committee Meeting will be broadcast via YouTube on August 12 @ 3:30pm.
- July 8 - YouTube
- August 12 - YouTube
Board Committee Meetings; held at 4:30PM in the Board Room of the Central Library unless otherwise noted.
- Building and Property: meets monthly on the Monday before the Board meeting.
- Board Development: meets monthly on the Tuesday before the Board meeting.
- Budget and Finance: meets at 3:30 before the Board Meeting at the location of the Board meeting.