All Lexington Public Library locations provide free, self-service faxing and scanning. Scanned documents can be saved to a USB drive or emailed. Please note: We can only send faxes; we cannot receive them.
You are here
To access your loan history, log into your account and click the Loan History link in the Account menu. If you would like to deactivate this feature, log into your account and uncheck the Save my loan history box in the Opt-In & Notifications area. Activating (or reactivating) your loan history will only track... more info
The Lexington Public Library Parking Garage is accessible from both Main and Vine Streets, and the Library provides two hours of validated parking. Attendees should have their Lexington Public Library Parking Garage tickets validated at the first floor service desk. Groups wishing to pre-pay for attendee parking beyond the two hours can make arrangements at the time of reservation.
Lexington Public Library, Central Library
Beaumont Branch Library
Eastside Branch Library
Northside Branch Library
Tates Creek Branch Library
Village Branch Library
Only self adhesive 3M flip chart sheets are allowed to be attached to the walls. You may not use thumbtacks, tape, or other adhesives to attach visual aids to meeting room walls.
No. All meetings must be held during regular operating hours. If you are interested in holding an event or function after hours, the Farish Theater may be able to accommodate your event.
No. Celebratory events are prohibited in the library.
Yes, customers may bring in certain kinds of food and covered beverages. Here are some guidelines for the types of food that are allowed in meeting rooms. If you have questions, call us at (859) 231-5504 or (859) 231-5501.
Examples of allowable food and beverages:
(This is not a comprehensive list.)
- Prepacked snacks such as granola bars, chips, and cookies
- donuts and pastries
- canned soft drinks
- coffee in cardboard packaging or insulated carafe
- trays of meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables
- box lunches
- delivery pizza... more info
No, there is no charge for meeting room use.
Reservations are accepted inside a 90-day window.
You can suggest an item for the Library's collection by completing this form. Please provide as much information as possible. Due to the volume of requests, we are unable to notify you when a particular item has been ordered. Please check our catalog to see if we have purchased your suggested item and to place it on hold.
- The librarian can only assist with one assignment per session.
- A librarian will contact you within 1-2 business days.
- Session will be scheduled within 7 days days of contact.
The Kentucky Room reference staff will answer requests for information through the mail or through e-mail. However, the staff cannot undertake extensive research or photocopying projects. You may request up to four separate articles, death certificates, etc.
- Read the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Library Card Application.
- Visit any Lexington Public Library location with the necessary identification to claim your card.
Adults living in Fayette County
- Valid picture ID with current address or valid picture ID and proof of current address (e.g., pre-printed check, recent bill, or piece of mail)
Juveniles (any applicant under age 18)
- The above... more info
You can continue to check out items until the balance on your account exceeds $25.00.
Lexington Public Library materials can be returned to any of our locations.
If you cannot successfully log into your online account, remember:
- When typing in your library card number, use only the 13 numbers and no surrounding letters.
- If you are unsure of your PIN, the default is the last four digits of the telephone number associated with your account.
- If your EZ Login isn't working, try logging in with your library card number and PIN. After you've logged in successfully, you can reset your EZ Username and EZ Password on the Account Summary screen.